If you need help to lodge your tax return, you may be eligible for the Tax Help program.
Tax Help is a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax.
Am I eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $50,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
What can volunteers help me with?
Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return online with myTax or claim a refund of franking credits.
If our volunteers work out that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.
Volunteers are unable to help you with amendments.
Book an appointment
To make a booking, phone 4987 1331.
When and Where
When: August to October
Time: By Appointment
Where: 3 Jacaranda Ave, Raymond Terrace
Booking Required: Yes