The Village aims to support young mums as they transition to parenthood and gain confidence in their abilities and choices and to give outcomes for their future.
Becoming a parent can be amazing…. But it can also be daunting, confusing and lonely! They understand this and aim to support parents in finding their way through this very exciting but often confusing time.
How will it work?
- Once a week sessions with child minding creche included
- Will include a range of units from a Certificate II in Retail
- Assistance with creation of cover letter and resume
- Typing skills
- Practical experience in cafe setting
- Speakers and demonstrations
What can the young mums expect?
- To be welcomed and included in a small, friendly peer group environment
- Learning outcomes to assist in future pathways to employment
- Support to connect with other mums and mentors within the community
- Information, support and learning around key areas of childbirth & children
- Assistance in accessing support agencies and keeping appointments
- A starter pack of resources to help out with bub and parenthood
- All fully funded at no cost to you
When: Tuesdays 9am – 2.30pm
For more information, contact Griff on 0490 377 397