Jobs & Careers
Youth and Family Team Leader
Responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis and requires excellent communication skills.
The following are some of the tasks required by the Team Leader:
- Develop strategies the team will use to reach its goals
- Provide any training that team members need
- Communicate clear instructions to team members
- Listen to team members’ feedback
- Monitor team members’ participation to ensure the training they are being provided is being put into use, and also to see if any additional training is needed
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations
- Create reports to update the organisation and team
- Supervision and Group work skills
We value the ideas that you will inevitably bring to our service.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science or related fields
- Proven leadership skills including: effective professional guidance and supervision to caseworkers/group workers
- Experience in planning, facilitating and evaluating groups for parents and young people
- Experience providing counselling/casework for families and young people around complex issues including domestic and family violence and sexual assault, child protection, mental health issues, alcohol and other drug use, parenting and behaviour support
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with families in a strengths-based, solution-focused approach and child centred, family focused integrated service framework; informed by principles of social justice, feminism, accountability, transparency and equality
- Current NSW or National Driver’s Licence.
- Port Stephens Family and Neighbourhood Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- When applying for this position we require that you address each of the selection criteria, include a copy of your resume and contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your last supervisor) and post or email this information to:
- PLEASE NOTE: A Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work in NSW. Before engaging an individual for child-related work (paid or unpaid), an employer must verify that the worker has a Working with Children Check clearance. Applicants must include in their application their Working with Children check number for their application to be processed.
Send applications to Colleen Whittle at Port Stephens Family and Neighbourhood Services P.O. Box 391 Raymond Terrace, NSW 2324 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing Your Application
Provide a cover letter
A good covering letter introduces you to us and explains why you are one of the best candidates applying for the job advertised.
Whether it’s a formal Word doc attachment or a couple of paragraphs on notepad, this is where you deliver your core message.
Address the selection criteria
Addressing the selection criteria is your opportunity to demonstrate you meet the essential requirements of the position. You should clearly state which position you are applying for and address every criteria as a separate heading.
Under each heading explain how your qualifications, skills and experience enable you to meet the specific requirements of the role. Use examples and emphasise relevant achievements.
Include an up-to-date resumé
Your resumé should be up to date and provide an overview of your work experience, educational qualifications and professional development.
It is also beneficial to include skills and experience gained outside of paid employment that may be relevant to the position. Your resume must include two referees which we may contact, one of whom must be your most recent supervisor.
Working With Us
The team at Port Stephens Family and Neighbourhood Services are a passionate group of social innovators, team players, lifelong learners, hard workers, and change makers. We have a collaborative, creative, egalitarian culture. We love to have fun and get things done. We care about and take care of each other.
Building stronger communities doesn’t just happen. It requires the efforts of many – each bringing their own unique talents, insights, strengths, abilities and willingness to make a difference.
Above Award Conditions
We pay above award rates with additional leave entitlements. A car for personal use is available with many positions.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our employees are able to take advantage of salary sacrificing.
We encourage employees to access a broad range of learning and development activities.